Contact the Arvin Police Department Reserve Coordinator at 661-854-5582 and indicate your desire to take the reserve officer tests. You will be sent a letter giving the date of the next examination. You must have completed the P.C. 832 Course, arrest and firearms, and be enrolled in Level III Course at the time of application. If you have not completed the P.C. 832 class, contact local junior colleges and adult education centers for schedules.
Review the process:
- Aptitude Test - Each candidate must attain a satisfactory score in the P.O.S.T. Entry Level Examination. (Any applicant who successfully passed the written portion of the P.O.S.T. Entry Level Examination within one year of application for reserve membership can have the written exam waived.)
- Background Check - An investigation into each applicant's background shall be conducted to determine his suitability as a reserve officer.
- Medical Examination - Applicants must be physically fit as determined by the city physician, at no expense to the candidate.
- Oral Interview - Applicant's acceptability shall be determined by a board composed of members of the reserve association and/or regular department.
- Psychological Examination - Applicants must be mentally fit as determined by the city psychologist, at no expense to the candidate.
- Submission of an application for reserve officer membership.
Contact the Arvin Police Department Reserve Coordinator at 661-854-5582 for more information or to start the Reserve Officer testing process